- Michelle Gin, Program Coordinator for Student Physicians for Social Responsibility, who holds an MA in Public Health. She talks on student anti-nuke organizing around the world and what it will take to attract Millennials to the anti-nuclear movement.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
A floating nuclear reactor based on the technology used for oil drilling platforms – what could go wrong?
SOCIAL MEDIA SUPERTRICKS FOR ACTIVISTS:
Dave Parrish of Operation: Save the Earth provides Nuclear Hotseat’s exclusive SOCIAL MEDIA SUPERTRICKS #3: Facebook – it’s more than a time-sucking distraction.
THE WEEK’S NUCLEAR NEWS FROM OUR PERSPECTIVE:
- RADIOACTIVE FOOD FIGHT CONTINUES! Japanese companies in Taiwan Fukushima food scandal banned from importing from Japan.
- Three former Tokyo Electric Power Company executives indicted over the March 2011 nuclear accident at the Fukushima Daiichi plant.
- Arizona Downwinders affected by nuclear tests would be compensated by new bill.
- Planned March 2016 reopening of WIPP, the underground nuclear waste dump in New Mexico, indefinitely delayed.
- Hiroshima/Nagasaki commemorations.
- …and much more!