- Urs Ruegg of the International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW) in Switzerland on that country’s nuclear problems and IPPNW’s upcoming Nuclearization of Africa Symposium in South Africa.
- Adam Weissman of Global Justice for Animals and the Environment gives us an update on the Senate’s approval of Fast Track for the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) – not a good thing.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
Head of France’s nuclear watchdog group tells the truth about problems with EDF’s new nuke in Normandy – the nerve!
- Sister Megan Rice, 85-year-old anti-nuclear nun, not to be re-tried by US government on sabotage charges – she’s free except for some formalities!
- Pope Francis’ Encyclical on Climate Change comes out against nuclear issues, skirts reactors. You can Tweet him your thoughts – @Pontifex is his Twitter handle.
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission agrees w/international study that shows any exposure of the eyes to radiation can increase the possibility of cataracts, but ignores all the other health implications put forth by the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP) on cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
- Japan approves 40-year Fukushima clean-up plan despite not knowing where the melted fuel is, if it can even be removed and, if so, what it will take, plus needing to invent and build all the proper decontamination equipment from scratch. 40 years just kicks the can down the road.