- Lou Zeller, Executive Director of the Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League, on the nuclear reactors downstream of the leaking, sinkhole’ed Boone Dam in Tennessee.
- Jim Hopson, Manager of Public Relations for the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), on current status of Boone Dam.
- Physicians for Social Responsibility’s Christine Herrmann and Martin Fleck on PSR’s Nukebusters Film Competition – with cash prizes of up to $5,000 for 1-4 minute films! (Click on logo below.)
When is a financial slap on the wrist really an investment in infrastructure? When the Enviromental Protection Agency, New Mexico’s Governor Susana Martinez and the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP site) in Carlsbad come together! Nothing like a radiological accident at a nuclear facility to spark more interest in developing a new nuclear facility!
- Chernobyl forest fire in the exclusion zone out, but radiation carried by smoke, wind lands throughout Eastern Europe… and probably the rest of the world as well.
- As Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty Review Conference at the United Nations meets in New York, global activists present 8 million petitions demanding a world free of nuclear weapons.
- Food fight! Japan challenges Taiwan – how DARE they propose radiation food safety legislation!
- TEPCO admits Fukushima radioactive water leak now over 600x “safe” level – and it’s going into the Pacific.