- Alicyn Gitlin, who coordinates the Campaign to Restore and Protect the Greater Grand Canyon Ecoregion for the Sierra Club Grand Canyon Chapter. She is joined by:
- Sandy Bahr, who is Chapter Director for the Grand Canyon chapter of the Sierra Club.
- Anne Mariah Tapp, Energy Program Director of the Grand Canyon Trust.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
- More Food News from Fukushima! (Might that be a new feature?) This week: “Award-winning” tap water from Fukushima. CAUTION: this story could hurt you from busting a gut laughing.
- Derelict boat from Fukushima found off Oregon coast… but it’s not the first or even the largest piece of debris found in US waters since the disaster began.
- US NRC okays High Burn-Up Fuel for Perry Nuclear Power Plant in Ohio. SEE: Donna Gilmore’s assessment of HBF’s dangers at: www.SanOnofreSafety.org
- Last week’s Numnutz gets even numnutzier as Milan Expo 2015 subject to corruption, scandal, police investigation, arrests and jailings – and that’s not even based upon whatever “business” they did w/Japan!
- TEPCO robot in Fukushima Unit 1 burns out after moving only 10 meters. No word on what data, if any, it was able to collect.
- Education just became more dangerous as Japan opens new high school in evacuation zone.
- …and much much more!