The 55 gallon drum of plutonium-contaminated nuclear weapons waste from Los Alamos National Lab that “popped its lid” and released Plutonium and Americium into the environment on Valentine’s Day, 2014.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
Sure, Senator Lamar Alexander (R-TN), the U.S. without nuclear would be “unthinkable” — but think about your state’s Boone Dam, with its leaks, seepage and sinkholes, upstream of SEVEN NUCLEAR REACTORS! You want to talk “unthinkable?” I’ll SHOW you “unthinkable!”
- Gundersen: Can we finally stop saying Fukushima is “the worst nuclear accident since Chernobyl” — because it’s worse than Chernobyl.
- Internal radiation readings from Fukushima pigs.
- Concern that wildfires in Ukraine could re-release Chernobyl radiation into atmosphere, Eastern Europe, the world.
- US nukes snowed under by blizzards.
- Internationally speaking, United States wears a “black hat” for its stance on EU increasing nuclear safety, which it opposes.
- …and much, much more!
- Radon’s Deadly Connection w/Uranium Mining as Seen from the Navajo Nation.
- The USS Reagan sailors’ $1B lawsuit against TEPCO covered in brilliant detail in the international edition of Spiegel, a German publication.
- Japanese resident and Nuclear Hotseat interviewee Dennis Riches (#115) has written the thought-provoking: Nuclear Horror Stories from Fukushima Daiichi to Kazakhstan.
- A video on Davis Besse by Myla Reson, featuring Harvey Wasserman: