Special report last Sunday’s massive, historic Climate Change Rally in NYC:
- Michael Mariotte, the President of Nuclear Information and Resource Service, or NIRS, provided key national organizing that helped deliver thousands of anti-nuke demonstrators to the event;
- Gail Payne not only marched, she designed those terrific posters featuring King CONG – “CONG” standing for Coal, Oil, Nuclear and Gas;
- Boston’s Sheila Parks provides an inspiring, personal vision of what the march meant to her.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK: The nuclear industry decodes its own bad language in dealing with banks and financial institutions. They just gave us the script to use when we talk with these potential funders of nuclear expansion to make them think twice and decide against it!
- More WIPP woes in Carlsbad, NM, as and additional drum of radioactive waste may have leaked at the only US facility for underground storage of nuclear debris.
- Radiation in Fukushima groundwater now 25,000 times higher than when 2014 began… and believed to be seeping its way towards Tokyo.
- Hanford-area birth defects (anencephaly, spina bifida) spike in alarming cluster as Washington State report on 1968-80 study of birth defects in children of Hanford workers “mysteriously” disappears from the state’s website.
- Read Hanford report on bizarre deaths after radiation exposure
- Watch Seattle KING 5 report Hanford whistleblower “illegally fired” for voicing safety concerns
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe-baby actually says that Japan will not restart its closed nucler power plants “unless safety is restored 100 percent.” I guess that means they will NEVER be restarting! (Of course, it all hinges on Abe’s definition of “safety.”)
- Paul Langley’s article on Academia.edu about “Radiation Sickness in Man – Part 1 of 2”: https://www.academia.edu/8442376/Radiation_Sickness_in_Man_Outlines_Part_1_of_2