JON STEWART TWEET OF THE WEEK – Please Retweet and Favorite:
— Libbe HaLevy (@NuclearHotseat) August 20, 2014
INTERVIEW: Dr. Ian Fairlie discusses his recently released report compiling more than 60 studies on childhood leukemia rates for those living in proximity to nuclear power reactors. His shocking findings show a 37% increase in leukemia cases in children 5 and under. Learn how the study came about, what it shows — and how we can use it in our fight to shut down all nuclear reactors. Powerful information! Here’s a LINK to the article:
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK: “Fukushima Supporter Chef” serves Fukushima-grown produce to guests at the Grand Hyatt Fukuoka – and brags about it! (Anyone want to cash in their Hyatt stock?)
- Japanese government accused of “crimes against humanity” in its refusal to evacuate children from Fukushima;
- French nuclear safety group calls Fukushima “comparable to the most contaminated areas around the Chernobyl accident;”
- DUCK! Safety violations found at Waterford, Connecticut’s Millstone NPP while Turkey Point experiences reactor trip, steam dump and Miami gets gamma radiation spikes. Coincidence? (LOL!)
- South Korea and Australia desperate to find storage for nuclear waste;
- Nuke industry targets bank boards of directors to skew support for their future funding – long term planning by nuclear-funded think tanks. Any financial wizards got a strategy to stop ’em?
- Dianukes.org has a petition to scrap the Japan-india Nuclear Agreement, which was discussed with interviewee Kumar Sundaram on last week’s Nuclear Hotseat #164. Sign it here.
- Residents Organized for a Safe Environment and San Onofre Safety have prepared an extensive report on what can go wrong with dry cask storage – and it’s a lot! A glimpse at the next generation of the battle against nuclear reactors. Access the report here.
- Banking article – How the Nuclear Industry is targetting bank boards to set up future funding consortia:http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/E-Banking-on-nuclear-1808201401.html