URGENT – THE EPA PLANS TO RAISE “ALLOWABLE” RADIATION LIMITS BY AS MUCH AS A FACTOR OF 350! ACCEPTING COMMENTS UNTIL AUGUST 3, 2014 – WRITE TO THEM NOW!
- WIPP ACCIDENT – Don Hancock, Director of Southwest Research and Information Center in Albuquerque, NM, brings us up to date again about the February 14 underground explosion and radiation leak at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) site in Carlsbad, NM.LINK TO WIPP TOWN HALL MEETING LIVESTREAM: http://new.livestream.com/rrv/Thursday, July 24 from 5:30 to 6:30 Mountain Time
First and third Thursdays of the month.
WIPP TOWN HALL MEETING ARCHIVES:
- VOICES FROM JAPAN – Filmmaker Yumiko Hayakawa on TEPCO’s subtle censorship of her film about Fukushima refugee and anti-nuclear activist Setsuko Kida, “A Woman from Fukushima.” The film was recently a selection at the Uranium Film Festival in Rio De Janiero.
- SOARCA – State of the Art Reactor Consequence Analyses – the NRC’s flawed computer program for calculating the risks of nuclear accidents, explained by Scott Portzline of Three Mile Island Alert.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
Party, anyone? The pro-nuclear International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) plighted the troth of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 50 years ago and they want everyone to know! They work together on issues of food safety, animal production and insect pest control. If you can’t see what’s wrong with this picture, check out Fukushima’s radioactive rice, the Pacific’s marine animals in species collapse, and, oh well, what’s wrong with nuking mosquitos? And we wonder why the world’s in such a mess…
- AGAIN – EPA’S LINK TO COMMENT ON THEIR PLANS TO RAISE “ALLOWABLE” RADIATION LIMITS BY AS MUCH AS A FACTOR OF 350! ACCEPTING COMMENTS UNTIL AUGUST 3, 2014 – WRITE TO THEM NOW! http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=EPA-HQ-OAR-2013-0689-0001
- Harvey Wasserman’s excellent “50 Reasons We Should Fear the Worst from Fukushima” – http://ecowatch.com/2014/02/02/50-reasons-fear-fukushima/