INTERVIEW: Harvey Wasserman has been an anti-nuclear/pro-alternative energy activist for more than 40 years. He’s author or co-author of a dozen books, writes for the Huffington Post and edits the www.nukefree.org website. His Green Power & Wellness Show is at www.progressiveradionetwork.com.
Harvey Wasserman (in cap) and friends delivering 150,000 signature petition to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon. L-R: Green Party’s Kevin Zeese, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation’s Alice Slater, Jill Stein, Margaret Flowers.
INTERVIEW EXCERPT: Arnie Gundersen of Fairewinds Energy Education (www.Fairewinds.org) explains exactly what we’re facing as TEPCO begins removal of fuel rods from Spent Fuel Pool 4 at Fukushima. (Excerpted from Coast-to-Coast AM with John B. Wells, Nov. 9, 2013 – http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2013/11/09)
Arnie eviscerates the TEPCO “cartoon” about removing the fuel rods:
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
Evil Numnutz to Dr. Shunichi Yamashita, the man who advised Japanese doctors NOT to give Potassium Iodide after Fukushima because — as a so-called “expert” — he knew that radiation impact would be “minimal.” When he found out how far the radiation had traveled, his respose? “Oops!” OOPS?!?!??? YamaSHITa is now enshrined in the Josef Mengele wing of the Nuclear Numnutz Hall of Shame.
Radiation readings around the US (the international report starts next week) with Mimi German.
- Robots nab first pics of the leaks (two) at the bottom of Unit 1;
- PM Abe-Baby pushes Secrecy Law but his wife Akie Abe makes no secret of her opposition to his nuclear policy;
- Akie Abe, outspoken critic of Japan’s nuclear policy, whose husband just happens to be… nuke-lovin’ Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe-Baby!
- Increased hypothyroidism found in US west coast infants born first nine months after Fukushima;
- Alaska wildlife in heartbreaking collapse, including polar bears, walruses, seals, birds;
- Alaska experts find Fukushima radiation in 15 separate ocean species
- All this and a tornado hits a Kentucky nuclear fuel factory.
- Harvey Wasserman, links to his radio program, petitions and thousands of articles: www.NukeFree.org.
- Report on thyroid damage to California infants born immediately after the Fukushima disaster began: http://www.theecologist.org/News/news_analysis/2164974/fukushima_fallout_damaged_thyroid_glands_of_california_babies.html