INTERVIEW: Veteran activist Mimi German, Co-Creator of RadCast, explains this Rad-ical new service to provide daily and weekly radiation “weather” reports for use by mainstream and online media. Within days of its launch on Oregon radio, RadCast got picked up by Thom Hartmann for his daily rt.com show. Immediately after the interview, catch the first RadCast report for Nuclear Hotseat as it becomes a new weekly feature!
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK: The country of Belarus. They got hit with 60% of Chernobyl’s radiation… but now they want to build their own nukes? Did Chernobyl fry their common sense?
- TEPCO delayed start of decommissioning Spent Fuel Pool 4 for two weeks to conduct tests, but they still plan to begin by November 22 despite international outcry to take all authority at Fukushima away from the criminally incompetent company;
- Pandora’s Promise poops out, handing CNN lousy ratings and devastating reviews while allowing anti-nuclear experts Ralph Nader, Beyond Nuclear’s Kevin Kamps and Sierra Club’s Michael Brune air time they would not have otherwise gotten;
- Morningstar analysts make it financially official: New-Build Nukes are Dead is what they tell their institutional investors;
- Forbes names six reactors most likely to close: Indian Point, Ginna, Fitzpatrick, Three Mile Island, David Besse and Pilgrim;
- Dallas-based Luminant dumps plans to build two new nukes in North Texas. Yeehah!
LINK TO PETITION:
Arnie Gundersen petition to remove TEPCO from the decommissioning of Fukushima. Please sign, share: