Award-winning investigative reporter Susannah Frame from KING 5 News in Seattle has not only covered the problems at the Hanford Site in southeastern Washington, she has broken several of the most important recent stories. Listen to what a real reporter goes through to get the hottest nuclear news and put it out into mainstream media.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK: Japan opens the beaches near Fukushima by claiming no radiation… the week after TEPCO admits that the ocean’s radiation levels are the highest since the nuclear disaster began. WTF??? Step away from the ocean!
- 30 Greenpeace activists invade French nuclear power plant to make a point about nuclear “safety;”
- Switzerland outraged after radioactive cesium found in lake near nuke plant that is used for drinking water;
- Kudankulam activists “drop dead” as new nuclear facility fires up to criticality for the first time;
- NRC DUCK! Report on the usual “unusual occurrences” – nuclear accidents all over the place in just one week!
- Dr. Masaru Emoto, know for his groundbreaking work on the Healing Messages of Water and from his appearance in “What the Bleep Do We Know?” leads a Blessing of the Waters outside the shuttered San Onofre Nuclear Reactor in southern California. (Pictured: Gene Stone, Hopi tribal participant)
- Fairewinds Energy Education podcast: Arnie Gundersen and Marco Kaltofen on Japan’s radioactive “black dust” – http://fairewinds.org/podcast/japans-black-dust-with-marco-kaltofen