INTERVIEW: Remember when Ft. Calhoun was a flood-surrounded nuclear island that threatened to pull a Fukushima? Nebraska energy activist LaVerne Thraen brings us up to date with ongoing problems at Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) that’s keeping Ft. Calhoun offline, including floods, fires and that old standby, politics.
- Fukushima radiation levels soaring for “unexplained reasons” according to TEPCO;
- TEPCO failings revealed by Japanese comedienne Mako Oshidori;
- The death of Fukushima 50 hero Masao Yoshida, the man who in a very real way saved our world;
- Japan’s Labor Democratic Party pushes for nuke restarts and nuke-adjacent mayors agree;
- Rats attack Fukushima Daiini;
- Japan selling nuke technology to Vietnam (what could possibly go wrong?!?);
- Scandal! North Anna operator Dominion Virginia Power covered up existence of fault lines to NRC;
- San Onofre operator Southern California Edison bemoans nuke shutdown as it dumps chemicals into ocean and buys a solar company. Mixed metaphor, anyone?
- Interview by Japanese comedienne Mako Oshidori revealing TEPCO‘s horrific incompetence at Fukushima: http://www.save-children-from-radiation.org/2013/06/23/stunning-story-from-a-fukushima-daiichi-nuclear-power-plant-worker-interview-by-comedienne-oshidori-mako/
- Voices of Evacuees: Joint Lawsuit Begins in Hokkaido http://www.jfissures.org/2013/07/03/voices-of-evacuees-joint-lawsuit-begins-in-hokkaido/#.UdSSsC_4Ogk.facebook