Kumar Sundaram, Research Consultant with India’s Coalition for Nuclear Disarmament and Peace, (CNDP) on the Indian government’s violent repression of the non-violent anti-nuclear movement, Japan’s push to sell nuclear technology to India; and the country’s massive, growing anti-nuclear movement.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
A video is worth a thousand words…
As George Takei might say, “Oh, my………!”
- Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) demands Justice Dept. investigates SCE after 2004 letter surfaces showing company VP already expressed doubts over San Onofre steam generator design;
- Paducah, Kentucky faces nuclear disaster if/when TVA turns off the lights at uranium plant for nonpayment of the bill <!>;
- JELLYFISH AWARD FOR NUCLEAR HEROISM: Seaweed shuts down two nuclear reactors in Scotland;
- Greenpeace lands a warning on Sweden’s Ringhals reactor…and gets no reaction;
- Navaho Nation blocks uranium mining company from transporting ore across their lands – and there’s no other way out;
- TEPCO has problems keeping employees — can you imagine?