INTERVIEW: Radiation from Fukushima, nuclear reactors and leftover atmospheric testing continue to compromise the safety of our food. Learn the dangers of radiation contamination — and how to take action — from two members of the Fukushima Fallout Awareness Network (FFAN): Cindy Folkers of Beyond Nuclear and Mary Beth Brangan of EON (Ecological Options Network). Then go sign the FFAN petitions:
- Sign On Petition: http://signon.org/sign/
- FDA Petition: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=FDA-2013-P-0291-0001
- Beyond Nuclear: www.BeyondNuclear.org
- Ecological Options Network: www.Eon3.net
- Numnutz of the Week for Nuclear Boneheadedness: White House draft report calls for steep rollback of standards for radioactive waste clean-up to levels expected to cause cancer in 1 in 23 people, while EPA spokesmodel tells the public to “put on their big boy pants and suck it up.” <!>
- Former NRC Chair Gregory Jaczko calls for phase-out of current US nuke fleet.
- Southern California Edison tries to TELL the NRC that they WILL approve a restart at San Onofre by June 1.
- NOAA testing to learn if Fukushima radiation is behind sea lion beachings and die-offs in Southern California.
- Fukushima tank leaks 120 tons of radioactive water, runoff channeled into a different tank… and that one leaks, too!
- TEPCO knocks Fukushima power offline yet again, while setting only mousetraps to catch potentially world-ending rats;
- Film critic Roger Ebert suspected radiation of causing his cancer, to which he succumbed this week after a decades-long battle.
- And much more!
- Cindy Folkers on Food Safety at the Dr. Helen Caldicott/Physicians for Social Responsibility Symposium on the Medical and Ecological Consequences of Fukushima: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXhlGs5BnnI
- Link to all video from Dr. Caldicott’s symposium: http://www.totalwebcasting.com/view/?id=hcf#
- Timothy Mousseau‘s 10 questions for the nuclear industry that show how dangerous it really is: http://japanfocus.org/-Timothy-A__Mousseau/3921
- Kindergartener Savana Urry‘s video report on Fukushima: http://environews.tv/kindergarten-fukushima-science-project-says-it-all-now-tuna-fish-in-california-have-cesium-yuk/
- Iowa Petition to stop nuke plant from being built: http://www.change.org/petitions/midamerican-energy-company-stop-the-plan-to-build-a-nuclear-plant-in-central-iowa