BEST NUCLEAR HOTSEAT INTERVIEW EVER:
Dr. Helen Caldicott talks for the first time about her March 11-12 Symposium: The Medical and Environmental Consequences of Fukushima – a watershed event for our movement, involving doctors, scientists and researchers from around the world. She explains how she became an anti-nuclear activist while still a teenager, how she founded three of our most important organizations, and offers insights on how to make our activism even more effective. Simply the best!
- Vogtle reactor ready for the nuclear “ding and dent” center (but the NRC says the shrinkwrap wasn’t damaged!);
- Fukushima governor hospitalized with symptoms consistent with exposure to radiation;
- Miyagi rice contaminated with too much radiation for Japan… but it’s still legal to sell it in the US;
- NRC’s Chair Macfarlane meets with San Onofre activists, but will it make any difference in the other Commissioners’ decision on restart?
- Arnie Gundersen on the failing economics of nuclear energy (http://www.fairewinds.com/content/fairewinds-podcast)
- And much, much more…!
Books by Dr. Helen Caldicott are available at:
Tom English’s new song, “What Part of Fukushima Do You Not Understand?” – video by Myla Reson
Good article from Forbes on New Centralized Nuclear Plants – and lots of reasons Why They are Not an Investment Worth Making: