San Onofre really heated up last week:
- Possible sabotage at Unit 3 now being investigated by the FBI;
- Radwaste steam generator leaking radiation at the SanO gates;
- Buddhist monks in San Clemente praying/fasting/chanting/meditating for an end to nuclear;
- NRC/SCE public meeting on SCE planned restart muzzles activists (as usual)… and Nuclear Hotseat is there!
- Greenpeace releases weather balloon to track potential Darlington radiation release at Canadian nuke summit;
- Whistleblowers charge NRC with valuing secrecy over safety;
- Oyster Creek springs a leak post-Sandy;
- Chernobyl getting a new containment structure (’cause the sarcophagus is falling apart);
- and the body/mind connection betrays SCE’s biggest lie and weakest link.
Enenews.com, one of the most reliable sources for nuclear information, recently compiled a list of the 33 top headlines/articles of the year to date. Even if you’re familiar with the individual stories, seeing them all together is a mind-blower. Check it out here:
Nuclear Hotseat producer/host Libbe HaLevy asks her question at the Southern California Edison/Nuclear Regulatory Commission public meeting on SCE’s plans for a San Onofre restart (video courtesy Myla Reson):
This is the Buddhist monks’ prayer/fast/meditation vigil site: