Featured Interview: Engineer and activist Ray Lutz “nukes” the NRC’s cover-up of SCE’s responsibility for San Onofre’s steam generator problems.
- Four nuke plants trigger NRC “Unusual Events” in a single day. With that many, is it still “unusual?” (And still, no blackouts!);
- Illinois reactor in “hot water” – at 102 degrees, cooling water can’t cool but the nuclear reactor’s still on line;
- Japanese Prime Minister Noda admits that nuclear energy is dividing the nation;
- TEPCO gets a rate hike as well as a bailout;
- Temperature gauge cables on verge of breaking at Fukushima;
- Subcontractor forces Fukushima clean-up workers to cover their dosimeters w/lead shields;
- And Russia is doing a better job at protecting its citizens from radiation than the US. <!>